Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pattern Parade - Intro

So many garments and scarfs and shawls and hats are developed just by picking a stitch pattern. It is how they are combined that makes the big difference. Knowing how a stitch will make up certainly helps to get the mind thinking in the various ways that they could be used.

At the Knitters' Frolic in Toronto I purchased a Japanese pattern book of 300 different patterns. Many of the patterns I haven't seen in the pattern books that I have. So as a break from my big projects, a change of needle and threads from my present knitting, a change in thought patterns and as a challenge for myself, I have started knitting patterns from the book.

It will be interesting to see if I can keep this up and how many I do get made up and what will come of them. I certainly don't intend to stay with the one book but it will hopefully be the main focus.

With so few readers I hope you'll excuse me in this self-indulgent venture and enjoy your visit to this site. Maybe it will challenge you in some way.

(Right side will be shown first than the rear)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations